Links are used to navigate to pages both on your site (internal) and also to other web pages outside of your site (external).
Adding links to your website can be done in a number of different ways depending on what you are trying to achieve. Links can be used within your sites navigation menu and also within the content of your pages. These can either be internal links to other pages on your website or to external pages, to other websites on the internet.
To add links, log in to your site with the ‘siteadmin’ details received in your ‘Welcome Email’.
Adding External Links to Your Navigation Menu
- Hover your mouse over the Dashboard link in the editing toolbar at the top of the site
- In the dropdown click on Sitemap
- You will now see a list of all your pages. Click on the page you wish to add an external link beneath. So for example, click Home if you want to add an external link to the top level of your navigation and select Add External Link from the options
- Give the external link a Name - this is what will display in the navigation
- Enter the full URL of the link you wish to add
- Choose whether you want this link to open in a new window when clicked
- Click Add.
Adding Internal/External Text Links to the Content on Your Pages
In order to add links to your pages on your site you must first have a content block available. To add a content block please follow this guide https://www.adviserportals.co.uk/support/website-documentation/content/adding-a-block/. If you already have a content block then please follow this guide to edit it https://www.adviserportals.co.uk/support/website-documentation/content/editing-a-block/.
Once you have a content block available and are in edit mode within this block, please follow the instructions below to add links.
- In the content editing window highlight the text you wish to make into a link
- Click the small link chain icon
- Enter the full URL of the link
- To make this link open in a new window change the target to open in new window (_blank)
- Click Insert
- The link will have now been added to the content, the last step is to complete the adding or editing a block guide which consists of saving the block and then publishing your edits.